Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||League of Conservation Voters
||Flexible, US United States
|| Executive Management
Vice President, State Racial Justice and Equity|
Position: Diversity Equity and Inclusion (DEI) Coach and Leader
Title: Vice President, State Racial Justice and Equity
Department: State Capacity Building
Reports To: Senior Vice President, State Capacity Building
Positions Reporting To This Position: Director of State Partnerships
Union Position: No
Job Classification Level: M-IV
Starting Salary: $125,000
LCV believes our earth is worth fighting for because everyone has a right to clean air, water, and a safe, healthy community. To ensure those rights are protected, we help people use their power to shape policy, hold politicians and polluters accountable, and influence elections.
Our over 2 million members, our volunteers and staff, and our more than 30 state affiliates (together, the Conservation Voter Movement) work for a more just and equitable democracy, where people—not polluters—determine our future. This movement is an influential national network with unparalleled influence in Washington, DC, in state capitals, and in communities around the country. We are unmatched in our ability to ensure meaningful action on our key issues. We aim to bring people and communities together across racial, geographic, political, religious, economic and other differences toward collective goals instead of dividing us from one another.
LCV is seeking a Vice President, State Racial Justice and Equity who will provide organizational development and coaching expertise to the 30+ Conservation Voter Movement (CVM) state affiliates to embed racial justice and equity values throughout their internal operations including policies, practices, culture; organizational change processes; and external programmatic work, which includes legislative advocacy, electoral, and community organizing programs. The Vice President will support organizational change efforts to clarify racial justice and equity goals within each state organization’s unique context. The Vice President will work closely with and provide counsel to senior leaders across the CVM. The ideal candidate is an experienced and effective leader for organizational change, grounded in principles of racial equity and social justice; a creative thinker; and an effective collaborator and coach.
● Work with the Senior Vice President (SVP) of State Capacity Building and as a member of the State Capacity Building team to craft a multi-year vision and plans for building the Conservation Voter Movement’s capacity on racial justice and equity.
● Provide a set of independent state affiliates (5-7 annually) with a comprehensive array of organizational and leadership development services and resources on racial justice and equity, including strategy planning, education and learning, skills training, conflict resolution, and coaching. In partnership with each state affiliate,
○ Clarify racial justice and equity competency goals of individual state organizations’ staff and board members.
○ Create and manage plans that clarify multi-year learning and competency building, annual learning priorities, and ongoing education.
○ Design and support how to track success measures on integrating racial justice and equity into internal policies and external programming.
● Facilitate education and learning opportunities to cultivate racial justice and equity competencies, including specific skills and behaviors, across all 30+ state affiliates, and coordinate the work of consultants supporting educating and learning across the CVM.
○ Create tools for supporting the integration of racial justice and equity into daily practices and train and coach CVM leaders on using them.
○ Collaborate with state affiliate partners to design and support how they track success measures and share lessons learned on integrating racial justice and equity into internal policies and external programming as a Conservation Voter Movement.
○ Partner with the Chief Officer for Racial Justice and Equity to align CVM efforts in state affiliates with national LCV..
Qualifications & Requirements
● Work Experience:
○ Required - At least 10 years of organizational development experience working in executive leadership or with executive leaders with an explicit focus on building diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice programs, including:
■ Analyzing organizational programs, policies, and practices with ongoing collaboration, planning, and coaching of organizational leaders to translate racial justice and equity values into practice and measure progress toward organizational goals;
■ Designing and supporting implementation of organizational change processes;
■ Developing tools to support employees at all levels to embed equity within their daily work and to guide and assess equity integration in projects;
■ Designing and facilitating education and learning – including multi-day training initiatives, in-person and online workshops, dialogues and reading groups, group identity caucuses, and affinity group opportunities;
■ Coaching leaders, managers, and staff at all levels on leading around equity, cultural competencies, giving and receiving feedback, and conflict resolution; and,
■ Planning and implementing ongoing efforts to create a thriving organizational and workplace culture and promote behaviors, accordingly.
○ Must have demonstrated supervisory experience successfully managing high performing teams that are diverse by race, gender, and age.
○ Preferred - Experience working with environmental justice or local/state environmental organizations working in low-income communities or communities of color a plus.
● Skills: Strong justice analysis and understanding of structural and institutional inequity and interpersonal power dynamics and proven ability to analyze situations to engage and address them. Excellent written and verbal communication, facilitation, and public speaking skills. Exceptional supervision and coaching skills, including managing staff. Outstanding administrative skills, including the ability to produce, track, and manage multiple deliverables with overlapping deadlines in a high-performing environment. Emotional intelligence, strong interpersonal skills, humor, humility, and compassion. Demonstrated ability to develop collaborative, productive, respectful relationships with leaders and organizations representing grassroots, community-based organizations that integrate a culture of feedback and accountability.
● Cultural Competence: Must share a commitment to advancing racial justice and equity and ensuring an inclusive organizational culture. Familiarity with the complexity of issues and obstacles facing communities’ of color engagement in the environmental movement. Commitment to social change.
● Conditions: Ability and willingness to travel nationally up to 30% of the time (currently paused due to COVID-19). The location of this position is flexible. Please note that all LCV staff are currently working remotely during the COVID-19 pandemic.
To Apply: Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “VP, State Racial Justice and Equity” in the subject line by March 15, 2021. No phone calls please.
LCV is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a racially just, equitable, and inclusive workplace
League of Conservation Voters|
The League of Conservation Voters (LCV) believes our earth is worth fighting for because everyone has a right to clean air, water, and a safe, healthy community. To ensure those rights are protected, we help people use their power to shape policy, hold politicians and polluters accountable, and influence elections.