|| Computers, Software, Healthcare, Practitioner and Technician, Information Technology, Internet/E-Commerce, Executive Management, Research & Development, Medical, Web Technology
Patient Care Manager (RN)-Pediatric CVOR/Cath Lab/EP|
The Manager, Patient Care Services (CVOR/Cath Lab/EP) is a leadership role that has comprehensive operational authority and responsibility for designated clinical area(s). Their responsibilities include: fiscal accountability, maintaining quality and regulatory standards, maintaining a high level of patient/family centered care and service, patient and staff satisfaction, program development, managing and developing teams, and ensuring integration with the clinical enterprise. Provides feedback, coaching and mentoring to less experienced peers and other members of the health care team.
- Salaried, minimum of 40 hours a week.
here to view how Vanderbilt Health employees celebrate the difference they make
University Medical Center:
in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching,
discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who
come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place
where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities
challenged. It is a place where your diversity — of culture, thinking, learning
and leading — is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they
are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in
their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt’s mission is to advance
health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and
Our Nursing Philosophy:
highly skilled and specialized nursing care is essential to Vanderbilt
University Medical Center’s mission of quality in patient care, education and
research. We believe nursing is an applied art and science focused on helping
people, families and communities reach excellent health and well-being.
Achieve the Remarkable:
about VUMC Nursing:
Qualifications & Requirements
- Collaborates to operationalize the mission, strategic plan, budgets, resource allocation, operational plans, and policies for the PCC, Hospitals and Vanderbilt Clinic.
- Prepares annual operating and capital budgets following established guidelines and using benchmark data.
- Develops and monitors the implementation of area specific quality plan linked to organizational goals.
- The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned.
- 1. Nursing degree required. Master of Science in Nursing (MSN), or Doctorate in nursing. 2. Masters degree or higher education required. 3. If nursing degree at Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) level, then masters can be non-nursing degree. and 5 years relevant experience
Licensure, Certification, and/or Registration (LCR):
- Registered Nurse Required
- Pediatric CVOR experience
- Leadership experience
Physical Requirements/Strengths needed & Physical Demands
- Occasional: Sitting: Remaining in seated position
- Occasional: Standing: Remaining on one's feet without moving.
- Occasional: Walking: Moving about on foot.
- Occasional: Lifting under 35 lbs: Raising and lowering objects under 35 lbs from one level to another
- Occasional: Push/Pull: Exerting force to move objects away from or toward.
- Occasional: Bending/Stooping: Trunk bending downward and forward by bending spine at waist requiring full use of lower extremities and back muscles
- Occasional: Reaching below shoulders: Extending arms in any direction below shoulders.
- Occasional: Handling: Seizing, holding, grasping, turning or otherwise working with hand or hands.
- Occasional: Vision: Clarity of near vision at 20 inches or less and far vision at 20 feet or more with depth perception, peripheral vision, color vision.
- Frequent: Noise: May include exposure to occupational noise levels which equal or exceed an 8-hr time-weighted average of 85 decibels, requiring enrollment in VUMC's Hearing Conservation Program which includes training, use of hearing protection, and periodic audiometry.
- Continuous: Communication: Expressing or exchanging written/verbal/electronic information.